COVID-19 Agriculture Tax Resources
Below is a selection of information available from various Land Grant Universities on tax information related to Covid-19 and the Cares Act. Revisions to resources and new resources will be provided as the situation continues to evolve. The information is meant for educational purposes and is not meant to be tax advice. Consult your tax professional for your individual situation.
- USDA Farm Service Agency has announced some details for the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program. Signup will begin May 26. Contact local Farm Service Agency for appointment. See their website for details.
- SBA PPP loan foregiveness application
- SBA is only accepting new applications for Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) from Agriculture Enterprises they will continue to process existing applications.
- Additional Requirements for SBA PPP loans for seasonal employees from Department of Treasury
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) now open to agriculture enterprises.
- US Treasury Interim final rule for SBA PPP loans with information for self-employed.
- USDA Covid-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide
- Information on how Non-Filers (people who do not file a tax return) can enter payment information, if eligible to receive the Stimulus Checks.
- Frequently asked questions related to SBA PPP loans from IRS
- Farmers do qualify for SBA PPP loans. Check out USDA's Covid-19 website and scroll down to Payment Protection Program for details.
- Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation, Iowa State University Covid-19 Resources Page
- Clemson University Extension Agribusiness Team COVID Resource Page
- Tax Filing Extension and Payment Deferment for 2019 Taxes Article
- Economic Impact Payment Article
- Government Stimulus Programs for Ag Producers and Co-ops | AgManager.info